What can you expect to see A LOT of this year? POPSUGAR.com compiled a list of 16 trends that will flood your inbox, your favorite websites and magazines, social media and stores in 2018:
- The “Look” of the Year — The 80’s Modernized.
- The “Beauty Trend” of the Year — Water-Infused Beauty Products
- The “Travel Destination” of the Year — Philippines
- The “Drink” of the Year — Sparkling/Carbonated Everything
- The “Color” of the Year — Lavender
- The “Pop Culture Trend” of the Year — Strong, Kicka$$ Women
- The “Fitness Trend” of the Year — Soul-Care/cryotherapy
- The “Wedding” of the Year — Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- The “Antianxiety Product” of the Year — CBD treats/oils/supplements
- The “Parenting Trend” of the Year — interactive water bottles/Naya bottles/Willowbreastpump
- The “Attitude” of the Year — Taking Action
- The “Healthy Ingredient” of the Year — Adaptogens
- The “Accessory” of the Year — Big, Gigantic Earrings
- The “Home Trend” of the Year — Matte Black (everything)
- The “Education Trend” of the Year — Travel in lieu of Master’s Degree
- The “Mythodical Trend” of the Year — Mermaids
If you want/need a further explanation on any of these trends for 2018 feel free to click the link above for POPSUGAR’s explanation.
For example: I had no idea what Adaptogens were or Soul-Care/cryotherapy was, so yes, further investigation was necessary. There are a few trends I am already proudly using…like sparkling/carbonated drinks….and big, gigantic earrings!! Lavender will be fun this Spring/Summer, I can’t picture wearing that color right now, it’s dark colors all the way for me (black, navy blue, deep reds, maroons, etc.).
Regardless if we hop on board these trends, I hope this year brings you much happiness and joy right where you are. Just be. That’s always, always good enough.